Online Petition http://www.actionstation.org.nz/ponsonby-for-people
An urgent review of pedestrian amenity along Ponsonby Road is required.
We request that Auckland Council / Auckland Transport make the following changes in order to make the street a safer and more enjoyable environment for people of all ages and agility. Pedestrian amenity is important given the increasing retail and residential development in and around the neighbourhood.
Specifically we the undersigned request:
- The reinstatement of a Barnes Dance (all-ways) crossing at the intersection of Pondonby/Richmond Roads and Picton Street.
- Marked pedestrian crossings to replace the existing pedestrian refuges in the vicinity of Pember Reeves, Norfolk, Brown and Mackelvie Streets.
- Enforcement of the existing 40kph limit along Ponsonby Road
- Prohibiting U turns along Ponsonby Road
- Raised tables along the side streets entry –in line with the footpath.
- Request that the implementation of the Ponsonby Plan (Outcome 3) is sped up to improve pedestrian safety and amenity.